Dependable Physiotherapy Services in Surrey
When it comes to exploring the benefits of physiotherapy, White Rock, BC residents turn to White Rock Orthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy Clinic. We’re one of the largest and longest established physiotherapy practices in the area. If you need rehabilitation treatment for sports injuries or physical illness, count on our physiotherapy services in South Surrey and White Rock. Our team is well trained in a variety of injuries and health conditions including pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation, neck and back pain, fractures, dislocations, arthritis, work-related problems, whiplash, and more.
Some patients seek out a physiotherapist to help with chronic pain while others desire a better range of motion. Some just want to build toward their own personal strength and fitness goals. Whatever the reason you have for trying physiotherapy in White Rock, BC, our professionals can tailor a program that works best for you.
When Is the Good Time to See a Physiotherapist?
There can be multiple reasons that can lead you to seek physiotherapy services in Surrey. Some common scenarios where you can see your physiotherapist is when you have an injury or chronic pain. When not catered to in time, it can affect your day-to-day activities like standing, sitting, among others.
- Some of the other reasons to see a physiotherapist in Surrey could be:
- When prescribed medicines are not working effectively.
- When you are facing neurological disorders.
- When you are facing recurring pain, such as in the neck and lower back.
- When you experience a lack of smoothness in your movements.
In addition, physiotherapy services can help you manage diseases like diabetes as exercise plays a vital role in diabetes management. Depending on your health condition, there can be instances where you might face issues related to sensations in your legs. A physiotherapist can help take care of your foot and prevent potential issues.
What to Look for When Choosing a Physiotherapist
Once you have decided that you want to try physiotherapy, the next step is finding the right physiotherapist. When it comes to evaluating your physiotherapist, be sure to look for the following:
- Location – Where your physiotherapist’s office is located can make a big difference during your treatment. Is the office on your way to work? Found near your home? If you need more than one or two sessions a week with your physiotherapist, finding an office near you is ideal as it encourages you to attend all your sessions as well as saves on gas and travel time.
- Relationship – Each physiotherapist is unique and whether or not you like them can affect the way you handle your physiotherapy sessions. Feeling comfortable is important. All physiotherapists are quite knowledgeable about the many health conditions that are treated with physiotherapy, although some may have more expertise in certain areas like sports medicine or kinesiology. Be sure to find someone who is focused on the area you need while providing a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere you can work in.
- Session Length – A good physiotherapist will be able to educate you on the length of your sessions and how many you will need after your initial evaluation. This will allow you to plan your travel and personal schedule accordingly. On average, a physiotherapy session can last between 30 to 60 minutes depending upon your condition.
Talk to our physiotherapist team or visit us in our vibrant, spacious clinic located on Windsor Square Mall's main floor. Built on an area of 3000 square feet, White Rock Orthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy Clinic is renowned in Surrey for providing quality physiotherapy services. We offer ample parking space, wheelchair access, transit bus service to the door, and more. We strove to ensure that our patients enjoy a hassle-free physiotherapy experience.
Physiotherapy Services We Offer at Our Surrey Clinic
At White Rock Orthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy Clinic, you can experience the following physiotherapy services we offer at our clinic in Surrey:
- A wide array of treatment options
- State of the art equipment
- Multiple overhead grids with slings and springs for rehab following hip, knee, shoulder and elbow surgeries
- Cervical and lumbar traction system for spinal decompression
- Fully equipped rehab gym including cycles, shuttles, wall bar apparatus, multiple wall pulley systems, rowing machine, and stair climber
- Parallel bars with balance and gait training area
- Whirlpool hydrotherapy for wrist and hand rehabilitation
- Specialized hand therapy tables and rehab equipment
- Therapy balls, weighted balls, therapy bands, Bosu balls, body blades, Fitter ski trainer and more
Electrotherapy and Other Modalities
At White Rock Orthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy Clinic, our physiotherapists specialize in electrotherapy and other modalities, which are used to help patients dealing with pain, swelling, or inflammation. These therapies can be applied in various ways, including breaking down scar tissue and adhesions. The widely known ultrasound process is also a type of electrotherapy modality that comes under the long list of physiotherapy services we provide in Surrey.
Electrotherapy is known to improve the strength of healing ligaments and tendons, which is why more and more athletes seek physiotherapists' assistance. Electrotherapy modalities are effective in eliminating the muscle spasm pain cycle, and it also helps in reducing neurological inhibition. In addition, it offers encouraging muscle development at the same time. Ultrasound, laser therapy, interferential current therapy (IFC), neuromuscular stimulation (EMS), and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) are the types of electrotherapy modalities available at our clinic. To learn more about our physiotherapy services, get in touch with our Surrey team, and we will happily assist you.